Thursday, November 29, 2012

SIW Adam & Bronwille : Ch 13 Teaser


A/N : short teaser due to the chapter not having its "normal" length.

+ + + +

Adam stood in front of the window and smiled seeing his Alpha on his knees for his future mate. This was one little detail he'd keep private but was sure to tease him with later on. Seeing the loving scene, he yearned for home. He wanted to touch Bronwille and have her close. He wanted all their secrets out in the open so she could accept him for who and what he was.

He put his hands in his pockets and let his mind drift, thinking about how he was going to tell her she was truly safe now, that her attacker couldn't do those things ever again, that the whole gang was cleaned up. There was one thing he knew he had to do and that was call the police contact of the local wolf pack and let them know one of their "problems" had been "taken care off".

Turning his head from left to right, he stretched the muscles in his neck. Even though a huge load was lifted of his shoulders, he still felt he carried half the world with him. It was time to head home and come clean with the one person who now meant the world to him.

Just as he went to turn around, a large hand landed on his shoulder.

"I hope this closes a few things for Bronwille. I'm glad I could be part of this, we did good. I still can't remember it all, but my wolf is at peace for a change, so thank you for letting him have free reign."

"You don't have to thank me for that, Ed, it was all Merlin. Wolfboy didn't like being put to sleep, so you had some build up when your wolf woke up and saw the vampire. Seeing in which state you were in, there wasn't much left of the bad guy to clean up."

"All the same, I guess I needed it. Lately I'm becoming more and more restless and I can't pin point why. At least now I'm levelheaded for a while." The gratitude was clear in Ed's voice as he once more gave Adam a firm pat on the shoulder. "Merlin is offering to port us back home, you game?"

"Yeah, just gimme a few minutes to get my things together and I'll meet you back here."

"Deal."

Adam saw Ed going back to Merlin to inform he'd be joining them on the quick trip back home.

Alpha, friend, sorry to disturb you but I wanted to let you know Ed and I will be going back home, Merlin offered us a fast trip. I can assume you'll be going by plane so you're with Sue and Rosie?

He only had to wait a few second before he heard his Alpha's response.

It's ok and yes, you thought right. I'll be traveling with them. I'm not leaving them out of my sight until I'm sure they're settled in and safe. I count on you to inform the pack I'll be a few days behind. Don't tell them why. Just tell Tony to make sure the apartment next to mine is cleared, cleaned and in top condition and filled with food and things for Rosie.

Consider it done. We'll talk again once you get back. Thanks again my friend for coming over and helping.

It's what friends do, we help each other.

With those words, Dave broke their mental connection and Adam went up to his room to hastily pack his pack his bag. He wanted to get home now.

+ + + +

Merlin slowly swirled the dark amber drink in his glass as he gazed into the crackling fire. It still amazed him that both Gabriella and John preferred to have a real fire in their house, especially since it was one of the things that had the potential to shorten their lifespan considerably. He didn't mind, he actually favored it too. The warmth and glow from a real, sizzling fire still had a hundred times more charm then all those new electrical heating devices they invented, or claimed to be so green.

Nipping from his drink, he savored the rich, warm taste and enjoyed the slight burn it left behind as the liquor made its way through his system.

He heard the door open and close and soft footsteps making their way towards him. Just as he wanted to stand up to greet the other person, he was halted by the tiny hand on his shoulder.

"Please, stay seated, old friend. Mind if I join you?" Gabriella held up her own glass that held the same liquor as Merlin's.

"I don't mind at all. Great minds think alike."

He held up his own glass and Gabriella touched it lightly with her own before taking a seat on the chaise lounge that stood across from the large men's chair Merlin was sitting in.

They sat together in silence for a bit, both savoring their drink occasionally.

"Tell me, how are John and you coping?"

"Just as you put it, we're coping. We told our two other children what has happened and they are deeply saddened too, but they understood it was needed. I can't really explain our connection to our children, it's different with those we sire alone. The five of us always felt the others, now there is a void we'll have to learn to live with.  Maybe over time, that gaping hole will get smaller but at the moment it's huge and affecting us all. That is why I called the girls. I couldn't bear opening our mental connection, not right away. It's like some part of his essence is still with us though we know he is gone."

Merlin leaned forward and gently covered her hand and squeezed.

"Every bond that gets broken leaves a void. It's cliché but yeah, give it time and it will get better. May I suggest getting your daughters to visit and explore your bonds. This way you all do it in a safe environment and you don't have to be prepared for what could happen."

"John suggested the same but I need a few days to get myself together. I want to figure out how he was able to take over my mind. I almost hurt you." She sounded a bit pained now and she raised her brow questionably as Merlin held back a laugh.

"That is what he tried and yes, he took over your mind. Tell me from what little you know of me, in hindsight, do you really think I would have let him get away with hurting anyone, really bodily harming anyone? I admit, he outwitted me there but still I was on top of things." Merlin's demeanor changed to a more serious one. "That is the only part I hated, him getting inside of your mind. Is it all better now, or still a bit clouded?"

"It's better now, a few more days of rest and feeding and I'll be a hundred percent again."

"Good to hear. What do you say to us exchanging our own stories now? Dwelling in the past may ease the pain of the last few days or at least let us mind-travel a bit?"

"Your devious, Merlin, but I admit, I like the idea. Question now is who starts?"

"As the saying goes: ladies first."

With a slight bow of his head, he held up his glass, as a silent salute and starting sign for Gabriella to start her story.

+ + + +

It was close to dawn when John entered the room and saw his Queen listening intently to Merlin. Through their connection, he felt her curiosity, her sympathy as more of Merlin's past was revealed to her. There were moments she felt surprised. He could only conclude that Merlin, just like them, was really old and had his share of events to deal with.

"I hate to interrupt this little tête à tête but I do believe Gabriella needs some rest now. I know how she gets when she gets sucked into story telling time." John couldn't and didn't even try to hide the amusement in his voice. It had only been the calmness in their bond that had prevented him from intruding at an earlier time but he knew his Queen needed her rest.

"John dear, you're a real killjoy, you know?" Gabriella pouted but couldn't hide the twinkle in her eyes.

Merlin watched their loving interactions and had to admit that he too, had lost track of time. Gabriella's story had been so interesting to hear that in turn he had told everything as well. He hadn't elaborated so much on the gruesome things he did but he told of them nonetheless. He knew that he had found new friends in Gabriella and John and thus he held nothing back.

"I have to agree with John though. It's nearly dawn and even us oldies need some rest. I promise to continue my tale later on when we all have rested."

"I'll hold you to that!"

Merlin smiled as he was privy to John picking up Gabriella, who protested loudly yet snuggled up comfortably, and walking out of the room.

"Goodnight Merlin, we'll talk more later," John said as he closed the door.

Merlin checked the fire and made sure it was out before he zip zapped himself to his own room upstairs. He felt somewhat relieved now he had told his own story to someone who understood the hard choices he once had to make.

+ + + +

1 comment:

  1. So happy and excoted can notr wait to see what happens when Adam is able to get back to Bron and tell her she no longer hads to be looking over her shoulder or scared. But then how will she react when she finds out he is Atlas and then what he did for her. Way to go.... can not wait for the whole thing to post!

    ReplyDelete