Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SIW Adam & Bronwille: Ch 12 : Endings that lead to new beginnings


SIW : Adam and Bronwille.

Chapter Twelve : Endings that lead to new beginnings.

John and Gabriella were pacing anxiously, waiting for Merlin to arrive again. He had dropped off Rupert not long ago, together with an unconscious Ed. They had made sure Rupert was shackled up and had no way of escaping. Merlin eased their mind that Ed wouldn't cause a problem since he was holding him in a deep sleep until they were able to deal with his rogue wolf.

It left them waiting now. They had comforted each other, knowing that tonight they would have to make a decision neither of them liked, yet knew it had to be made and carried out.

Finally, they got the signal they were waiting for. Impatiently, they waited outside for a few seconds until they saw Merlin come out of the cell.

"Chasey is locked up next door and Derrick is shackled up. He's furious that his mumbo jumbo ain't working on me," Merlin shared with an evil glint in his eyes. "I gave him a feeling of what I can do, so he isn't so cocky anymore." He waited a bit before going on, "When you're ready, I'll unblock his powers so you can do your thing Gabriella. I had a poke around myself, he's quite unique with his skills, but still no match for me."

Gabriella looked up at John, "Best get this going. You know I'll be trying to see what his powers exactly are. I'm not gonna pretend it's going to be easy, so promise me already that even when it looks bad, you won't interfere?"

"Define 'not interfere'? If he hurts you, I'll have him hanging upside down by his nuts!"

"I'm sure he will not enjoy that," Merlin jumped in, "I'll make sure it will not come that far during her search. As said, I already had a peek at him but I fully understand Gabriella wanting to understand what made it all possible for him always being a step ahead and always avoiding you at all costs."

John shot him an angry look, "It's my job to protect her, I'm her mate not you!"

"And I respect that, John, I truly do, but I'm afraid that if he has full control over his powers he'll destroy the both of you. I'm not sure how it was even possible but since you both sired him, you really gave him unique powers that combined can be, and have been, very dangerous. Because I know you need revenge and closure, I haven't ended this. I could do that, you know. It would take me less time to do it than to explain how but I don't want to take away what you need to move on," Merlin said pleadingly, before he went on.

"Please, let me make sure you both have the outcome you want. That just means that I control his powers while Gabriella reaches into his mind and does whatever she needs to and we both heed her words of warning and don't interrupt her. It's hard to feel helpless, I know the feeling, but she has to do her thing knowing we won't interfere and make things worse. Ok?"

"I will not risk her life!" John kept raging on. "I don't need you or anyone else protecting her."

"My friend, do calm down. I understand the feeling, you have no idea how much. Sometimes it is out of your control of what you're able to do or not do. I will keep her safe. The moment he even makes a wrong move, I'll bound his powers so tightly he'll wish he was dead instead. Things are a bit different with vampires I assume, but basically Gabriella sees herself as his mother," Merlin gave the woman in question a sympathetic look, "She just needs to know, to understand that she tried her best. She'll need you more than she ever needed you before. This will hurt, even with all the bad thing he did, for you two it will hurt and she needs you to keep a grip on things. That's not likely to happen if you go in there and try to keep her safe. No matter what you'll promise, you will step in to keep her safe. Please John, listen to me, let me handle this and you'll have her in your arms before you know it."

"Why, Merlin, why are you so adamant about this?" John queried.

"As fast as I may be, Derrick is capable of doing a lot of damage in a short amount of time if he sets his mind to it. If you're in there playing guardian you won't be as focused as you should be, you'll be watching Gabriella like a hawk making sure she's ok, giving Derrick ample of time to do whatever he might have up his sleeve. Me, on the other hand, I have easy control over him. I trust Gabriella if she says it will hurt to search his mind but that it is a necessary evil to get to the bottom of it. All I have to do is watch Derrick and his reactions. Should I step in and control Derrick, we still have you to then take care of her and get her out of the room. I already said he ain't no match for me, but if he tries anything at all, I have to be sure I can trust in you too do what is needed."

"That is your reasoning now and I think I get it, but you still haven't answered why. Why don't you want me to protect my mate in there? What makes you so sure this is the right way to go?" John pushed for an answer now.

Merlin took a few deep breaths. This wasn't easy for him, not now, not after all the centuries he spent alone.

"I do not wish for you to have a remote chance of losing your life mate as I have lost mine. The situation is different, the outcome may be the same. I feel the same level of connection between you two that I had with mine. I do not wish it upon anyone to feel the loss it brings should you lose her. Will you heed my words now?" Merlin kept a steady gaze on John now, making sure the tall vampire understood the true and raw meaning of his words and revelation.

John was silent and Gabriella had snuggled up tightly.

"Ok, I'll stand back. It'll be hard for me to stand there idle but I'll be back up. She must have meant the world to you." John sounded a lot more calmer now with Gabriella hugging him tight, her silent plea for him to listen to reason.

"She always will be my world." Merlin was silent after those words, letting the meaning sink in for all of them.

"Let me do a last check up on Ed and Rupert and then we'll go deal with Derrick. Don't want to interrupt anything should anything occur with either of them, not that I expect anything to happen. Rather be safe than sorry," Merlin suggested.

"That's OK, don't think we're going anywhere," John said, eying the door to Derrick's cell.

Gabriella had stayed rather silent, gathering her courage to be able to do one of the hardest things she ever had to do.

+ + + +

Derrick tested the chains but was unable to move or break them. His inner beast was close, his eyes glowing angrily. He didn't like being tied down like a helpless pup. He mentally tried to reach out to his own fledglings but his clouded mind simply wasn't working. He got even more angry at the man he briefly saw when he got here. Derrick had tried to overpower him, blasting him with all his power but the man simply laughed.

"Tssk tssk, you should know when to play and when to be a good little boy. Luckily for you I'm not here to play, I'm just the back-up. I am not sure what you were trying to do but let me show you only a fraction of what I can do to you, if I wished," Merlin taunted him.

That's when his mind went completely blank and all he could see was blackness, endless blackness. Then he felt like he was choking. He knew that couldn't be possible. Vampires only pretended to breath, they didn't need the precious air like the humans did. Yet here he hung, fighting and struggling to stay alive like a human. It was humiliating!

"Didn't like that, did you? I just used your own power against you, made you feel like a human, so reacted like a human and there was nothing you could do about it. So what say you? Going to behave a little? Not that you'll be able to do much. They provided a nice pair of shackles," he said pointing up, "If you dig deep you may remember what is so special about them. Just to be safe, I'll leave something of myself behind too. Don't want you to get all cocky and thinking you can escape from here."

Derrick hadn't spoken a single word, he couldn't, even if he wanted to. That bastard in front of him had muted him. All he knew now, was that the man before him scared the shit out of him, HIM, the big boss of it all. He was angry all right but smart enough to know he was outmatched, he just had to bid his time. He didn't have to pretend too much to look scared shitless but it seemed to do the trick as the other one just smiled and vanished in a blink of an eye. What the hell is this man? Who is he? How did they get to me? Who is behind all this?</i>

He tried to curse when it became clear that it had to be those two that Chasey brought.  It just had to be them, he just didn't know how. He yanked the chains but they didn't budge. Aware that his mental powers had been shut down, the same as for his speech, he didn't expect him to have him completely powerless.

The fear that absorbed him first was slowly being overtaken by a rage he never felt before. He wanted to escape and rip apart whoever it was that put him here. A scraping sound made him focus on the door.

His eyes grew wide when he saw who entered.

"Hello, my child. Time you came home again, don't you agree?" said Gabriella as she slowly walked to him.

Derrick fought against the restraints.

"Tssk tssk, you should know better, my child. You can't break those chains. Remember your lessons, or have you really become that careless and dumb? Seeing how you always stayed one step ahead of us I doubt that. Silver covered titanium, try and remember." Her tone stayed flat as she paced in front of him.

Only now he saw that the one dude had entered too and was eying him like a watchdog. John was there too. His inner beast roared with anger.

"Cool down, my child. Nothing you will do can change the outcome of tonight. You fooled and tricked us, misled us for so long just so we both would make you our child. We broke the most sacred of rules in the vampire world for you and this is how you repay us? I'm not even going to start to make a list of what you did, just let me tell you it ends now, permanently." Gabriella was visibly shaking, just being reminded of all the bad things.

"Did we really mean so little to you? Did we do something that caused you to be like this?" she looked him dead in the eyes, sadly all she saw was anger.

Turning around she gave Merlin a quick nod.

"You can talk if you want to, even try to use your powers but head the lessons we taught you. All I'm going to do now is look into your mind and figure out exactly what kind of powers you have gained. How much it will hurt depends on yourself, fight me and you'll hurt, wishing you were already dead." She paused a few seconds but the angry glare didn't leave his eyes.

"Who's that dude?" were the first words Derrick growled.

"That is our new friend, Merlin. Let's just say he's complicated." Gabriella moved closer so she could whisper into his ear. "He's older than me and his powers are godlike, think twice before pushing his buttons. Now, let us begin, shall we?"

Derrick fought against the shackles, his fangs dropping. He wasn't even aware they pierced his lower lip.

"It's your choice, I will find out one way or another," she said before she grabbed his head in a tight hold and put their heads together.

The initial contact was fine but as she tried to look deeper into his mind it became harder for her. Derrick was throwing up wall after wall and it was draining her, much faster than she anticipated he could. Her own beast jumped in, making her stronger and more resilient as she tore down all the mental walls.

Close, so close</i> she thought as she noticed a black abyss getting closer. Gabriella cried out at the sudden stabs of pain she felt in her own brain.

You're not the only one who can mind walk, bitch. You may have me shackled up but that is all you'll ever be able to do, but not for much longer. I'm gonna enjoy when you'll slaughter your mate in a few.</i>

Gabriella gasped. She never would have thought another could be such a strong mind walker, a rare a gift it already was, it was so open for abuse. Her control slipped just a little bit as she realized this must have been the main reason why he was able to get to the top spot so fast. Suddenly, her mind felt clouded, her own power and will slipping away.

John watched with mixed feelings, his fangs already low from the moment he had heard her scream. He looked on as Gabriella stood and turned, her eyes as black as the night. He looked behind her and saw Derrick still in the same position as when they started. John wasn't sure what was going on but something inside of him warned him that something was amiss.

"Merlin?" He hoped he at least could make sure if anything was wrong.

Before he could even answer Gabriella flew towards John, fangs low, nails at full length. Only her age made her faster than John. She got in a few punches and slashed before she went for his throat.

John struggled against her, he didn't want to hurt his mate, but he had to get the upper hand on the situation. The only option he saw was holding on to her and restrain her as much as he could and keep her head where it was now. She could drain him but it would take a lot of effort and he hoped by then that Merlin would have done something.

Those thoughts had barely passed or Gabriella went limp in his arms. He felt his blood flow down, soaking his shirt.

"Gabriella, my Queen, say something! Do something!" John was frantic now, not sure what had happened to her.

Merlin spoke up than. "She's out for a short while. He,” Merlin pointed behind, "is a lot stronger with his mental powers than I gave him credit for, I have a huge apology to make to you both."

"Apologies ain't gonna help you now! What did you do to Gabriella? Tell me now or so help me, I will gut you this instant!!" John was seeing red, holding a still Gabriella in his arms, holding her close to his heart.

"She's asleep. It was the only way I could break the link Derrick had made with her mind. Gabriella will wake up in a few minutes and she'll remember it all. Their powers are quite similar. What I gather from the connection is, that Derrick is able to tap into her mind and take it over, but the person needs to be awake. Gabriella can only do the mind walking, not take over their minds. She can do it when they're awake or asleep." Merlin waited a bit after his explanation.

"She's going to be fine?" John sounded a bit calmer but his eyes were still a crimson red.

"Yes, she'll be weak but she'll be fine after she feeds. What do you want to do about him?" Merlin was pointing to the slumped body of Derrick behind him.

"I want to shred him to pieces, slowly. I wish he'd feel every cut I make, hear every bone shatter as I break them." John held Gabriella tighter. "But it's not going to change what he did to my Queen; I've done many things that shouldn't see the light of day and I had made peace with the fact we would end his sorry life. I can't, I simply can't. I'd lose myself to much and I have to be strong for her." He gazed down to Gabriella, tenderly stroking her cheek, his thumb trailing her soft lips.

Merlin understood his predicament. "Don't worry, you take care of her and I'll make sure Derrick is put to rest."

There wasn't a reply from John, he simply picked up Gabriella, turned towards Derrick and shook his head in defeat, "I'm sorry for what has become of you, my son. Goodbye."

With a soft click the door closed behind them as Merlin turned towards Derrick.

"Now what to do with you? End this quietly and without much fuss or give you to the big bad wolf next door?" Merlin stalked in front of Derrick for a while, contemplating his decision. "Think it's going to be the big bad wolf; he needs a toy to play with when he wakes up." Merlin stepped closer, touching Derrick's temple with a single finger. He squinted his eyes at what he found in his most recent memories.

"Definitely big bad wolf material. You been rather the coward using your power, it won't help you now. You see, I'll be blocking them all so all you have left is your strength and speed. Level the odds, just a little."

Derrick fought against his restraint, furious at the taunting tone that was used by the man in front of him. He had no clue where he kept all this rage. He knew damn well he should be scared big time, that the blond man was someone he wished he never had met.

Merlin saw the ray of emotions ran over Derrick's face and smiled.

"You're curious as to what I am, aren't you? I'm an Ancient. One of the very few left. We are those who stood at the cradle of humankind and all others. You know there is more to this world then vampires and werewolves. The rest don't really need us anymore. They have found a balance with the humans they live with. It's just a few like yourself that give all the non-humans a bad reputation. It's in situations like this that I really don't mind giving a helping hand getting rid of the bad apples."

Merlin crouched in front of him.

"You get the enormity of what I just told you? A nod will suffice, I don't have the need to listen to your whiny voice any longer."

Derrick looked him straight in the eyes, pulling and tugging at the shackles.

"Tssk tssk. That's not the answer I wanted. Gabriella told you. You should have taken her stories more seriously. Even with your powers in full force you couldn't use them at their full capabilities, the titanium would take care of that. If her concentration wouldn't have dropped, you wouldn't have had a way inside her mind. I'll give you that, it was a sneaky move. One I'm glad you'll never be able to use ever again."

He stood again and this time he grabbed hold of Derricks head and blocked him as tight as he could, only leaving behind the basic strength and speed of a vampire.

"Now stand and I'll take you to your new guardian. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you when he wakes up"

Merlin grabbed the short chain between the shackles and forced Derrick to stand up faster and tugged him all the way to the door. With a flick of his other hand the door unlocked and he pulled Derrick behind to the cell that held Ed.

"Don't go getting ideas in that head of yours. You're vampire powers will only come to life when he wakes up. Think twice before trying anything with him. He's only a little bit pissed off because I kept him from killing your partner in crime. He's  actually next door and so is Rupert. You see, there will be nothing left of your little gang of misfits. It all ends tonight." Merlin couldn't help the evil laughter that followed his words as he saw the surprised look on Derrick's face.

"You better rest a bit before he wakes up, you'll need it."

With those words Merlin shut the door and locked it tight. He checked that the charms he put on Ed were still in effect, he added a single one that would wake him instantly if someone was trying to hurt him while still asleep.

Now it was time to get Adam and Dave. He was sure they were wondering where he'd be all this time.

+ + + +

Adam and Dave looked at each other than to the keys they both were holding.

"Have fun I'd say, but that doesn't really go down well. Just get out in one piece, OK?" Dave sounded a bit hyped at the prospect of dealing with Chasey.

"Don't you worry about me, I'll be fine. I'll just grab my knives and have a bit of one on one time with the scumbag in there." Adam nodded at the cell that held Rupert as he went to the bag that sat next to it.

He rummaged a bit through it until he grabbed for the set of KA-BAR's. One looked very old, the blade appeared to have no shine on it as Adam had covered the blade with a few coats of spray paint. His buddies had looked at him oddly back in the day but he explained that it would help hide the presence of the knife longer if the other one didn't see the shiny blade or saw no reflection of it. It didn't take him long to convince them of doing the same.

The second KA-BAR was a newer model, the blade shiny as the day it was bought. The shape was similar, only this one had a handle that wasn't so heavy and the blade was sharpened on both sides.

Adam put the blades on the ground and fished up a rig he could put on to hold both knives. He knew this one wouldn't survive once he shifted but that was fine; Bronwille was worth it.

"I got more in here, you want something?" Adam addressed Dave.

Dave cracked his neck before replying, "No I'm fine with my own set." He wiggled his fingers making clear which ones he was referring to.

"OK, well, stay safe. I'll wait on you if you wait on me, once we're done."

"Deal."

Both men took a deep breath before they used their key to unlock the cell that held their dirt bag.

+ + + +

Dave closed the door behind him and put away the key in one of his side pockets.

"So we meet again," he said calmly. "Who would have thought that?"

Chasey looked up and his eyes grew wide as he recognized Dave.

"What the hell is going?" he growled.

"Nothing much, just wrapping things up. I'm lucky, I get to play with you!"

Chasey still didn't understand what was going on and tried to get up but the shackles held him down.

"You see, I was happy to help out my Beta get his revenge but things got a bit more serious when I met a young woman. One who captivated me from the second I saw her. You do know what mates are, right?" Not waiting for an answer, he went on. "They told me to be careful, that she's been through a lot. When Adam showed me a little of what she was forced to do, I knew I wanted payback. Guess it's you're lucky day. Never again will you touch Sue, not once will you use her little one as a bargaining chip to keep her in line and no longer is she addicted to your poisonous blood!"

"You-set-us-up!" Chasey growled, his eyes turning a bright crimson red.

"I didn't plan a single thing but I am glad I had to come over. I've found my mate and now I get some playtime with you."

Dave squatted in front of him, tilted his head and laughed shortly.

"How long this will take is up to you." Dave sniffed him out. "You're a youngling, I have those for breakfast. I'll make you a deal. If you're able to get this key you can walk out of here, if not, well…" Dave shrugged.

With a swift movement, Dave unlocked the shackles and freed Chasey. Dave braced for the initial impact he knew was coming.

Chasey went straight for his neck but Dave was prepared and rolled with him, planting his feet in Chasey's groin. As he rolled on his back, he pushed Chasey off him, throwing him to the other side of the room and then finished the roll. Dave didn't get up but stayed on all fours as he quickly shifted into a wolf.

Barely shifted, Dave was almost knocked over as Chasey came running at him. With a catlike jump, he avoided their collision. He growled as he turned towards the vampire. He hurt our mate, he'll pay for it!</i>

They locked eyes and Dave waited patiently for Chasey's next move. Not a second later, he was running towards him again. This time, Dave didn't jump up but stepped sideways as one paw lashed out and caught Chasey on the shoulder. He tore through the layers of clothes with ease, digging deeper into the vampire's flesh.

The metallic smell of fresh blood reached his flaring nostrils, spurring him on for more. He huffed at the vampire as if saying "is that all you got". Dave wasn't done taunting the other one and simply sat down on his haunches.

Chasey turned, checking the damage the wolf had done to his shoulder.

"You are dead!"

He fully unleashed his vampiric beast, the crimson in his eyes going obsidian black, his talons sprouting from his fingers. Chasey even grew in height and width.

Dave watched the change take place and snorted again. Playtime, finally.</i> he got back on all fours, pacing the room slowly, never leaving Chasey out of his line of sight. He waited.

With an unworldly growl, Chasey attacked Dave again, no intention to knock him over but only to get closer. Dave anticipated his move and snapped at the outstretched hands as they came closer. Chasey ducked under him, twisted on his back and tore at Dave's belly.

Dave winced as he felt the talons going through his flesh, a quick inner check told him nothing was harmed, it was just a nasty flesh wound. He turned around and raced towards Chasey, who quickly got onto his feet and stood in a battle stance. Dave recognized it from his training sessions with Adam and decided not to go for the torso as he initially wanted to but went for the knees instead. He knew he'd given Chasey an opening to hurt him badly. Yet he felt confident enough that he could surprise Chasey enough to be sloppy in his counter attack.

As he hoped, Chasey wasn't expecting him to dig his canines into his knee joint. He shook his head from left to right a few times, making sure he did enough damage to render the knee useless. At that point, Chasey wasn't really attacking anymore but was rather trying to get Dave off him. Dave felt him tugging at the hairs in his neck but that didn't do anything for him.

Dave shook one last time and an audible crunch was enough of a sign for him that one knee was out of the running. He let go of Chasey and stepped back.

The vampire fell on his ass, pressing down on his knee, or what was left of it.

Again, Dave sat on his haunches and simply stared at the vampire. Dave watched how Chasey tried to get up several times but each time would buckle with one leg totally useless. Dave shifted back to human form, not a care in the world that he stood naked in front of the other one.

"For being the number two, you sure don't know how to put up a fight. Don't know how to heal yourself? Your vampire daddy didn't teach you that? I do know he taught you how to use and abuse others, especially young females. Well, let me fill you in on a news flash: you won't ever do that again. I know what you made Sue do and knowing she's been put through that deliberately and her daughter used as ransom. Well, that makes me one very angry wolf and an even bigger pissed off mate. Now stand and fight like a man instead of sitting on your sorry excuse of an ass." Dave was getting annoyed with the vampire and was done toying with him. If he didn't get up any second now he would simply rip out his throat and end his life.

"You'll regret those words!" Chasey was struggling to stand but managed to limp towards one of the cave walls.

"Oh really? And what are you gonna do about it? I'm the one still standing on my own two feet. Sure you almost gutted me but see," Dave pointed towards his stomach, "I'm as good as healed. What about you?"

There wasn't much of a reply but a lame attempt of Chasey tackling Dave but failing miserably. It only resulted in Dave grabbing Chasey by the throat and lifting him up.

"You're pitiful, maybe I shouldn't waste any more time with you." With a growl Dave twisted Chasey's neck. He let him drop to the ground and with a grunt buried his partly shifted hand in Chasey's chest, ripping out his heart.

A calm feeling washed over him, his mate was revenged. Now all he had to do was woo her so she'd accept him fully. Looking around, he searched for his ripped up clothes. When he found what was left of his pants, he dug up the key to the cell and let himself out. Next to the door lay a sports bag with a change of clothes. He cleaned his hands as best he could with the towel that was on top and put on the clean clothes. He wanted to race back to the mansion but he had to wait on Adam. He'd promised.

He let himself drop to the floor, dug around in the bag once more and found the bottle of water. He made himself a bit more comfortable and started the waiting game.

+ + + +

Rupert paced the cell he was in. He had no clue where he was, how he got here and least of all he didn't know how to get out. The door was locked tight and even with his vampiric strength he couldn't open it. The one that put him in here must have known how to deal with his kind.

He was still shaky about the first attack by the werewolf. Ever since he was turned he'd never lost a fight. He didn't even mind fighting dirty, but this werewolf had gotten the best of him. It had taken most of his energy to heal himself and he would need a feeding to feel like himself again.

Searching for a way out, he went over things, maybe clues he missed that could help him figure out what was going on and why it seemed the one man wanted him specifically. He'd pissed off too many people to keep track of the ones who hated his guts. An overdose of confidence made him believe those same people would think twice before coming after him.

Rupert knew he made a fast climb in the gang hierarchy. He had a free choice of who he wanted to fuck or rape or abuse. Despite his dire situation, he couldn't help but think back to his initiation. He had a lot of fun. For weeks on end he had pursued the little redhead at work. She'd go for a drink but never anything more. He'd grown angry with her as she always turned him down. When he finally got his introduction and was told to bring a plaything, willingly or not, he'd knew right away who he'd bring.

It was the night of his life. He had used her good and so did the others. Once she lost consciousness, he had convinced the boss to let her go. That he knew where she lived and that they could have a repeat sometime soon before they would make her disappear. He had shuddered at the prospect of having her again, of pounding his cock in her tight pussy and even tighter ass. The sounds of her gagging on his cock were music to his ears.

Yet she eluded them all. They had dropped her in front of a hospital, wanting to make sure she'd be taken care off so she'd be healed when they would come after her again. He had told them to let her heal, let her feel safe once more before taking her again. That false security would be chattered and they'd be drunk on her fear.

Not that many weeks later he made the mistake of dropping her a note. He had wanted to scare her a little but just like that she vanished without a trace. He looked for her for months but he couldn't find anything, not a phone number not even a forwarding address.

Rupert had paid dearly for his misjudgment but ever since he made sure he was the top dog and listened to every command issued. Luckily for him, it hardly were any he hated doing rather the opposite. Joining the gang and being turned into a vampire was the best thing that could ever happen to him, at least that was what he believed.

He turned his head around when he heard the lock switch and the door slowly opening. The man that entered look vaguely familiar, not like an old friend but he knew he'd seen him before in the last few hours or days even. Something about the guy set him on edge as if the previous assault on him meant nothing compared what this dude could do.

Putting on a brave face he addressed the man haughtily. "Finally someone shows up. Maybe you can fill me in and let me out of this dump?"

"You belief you're getting out of here? Let me crush that little dream, you ain't leaving here. You're mine and trust me, you would wish my friend would have finished you. I'm not here to show you any sympathy, I'm here to get my revenge. You should know what I am and I'll simply give you a name and then you can kiss your sorry life goodbye." Adam's tone was flat and lacked any emotion. He just stood in front of the door. One hand was cradling the old KA-BAR as if it were an old lover.

"What makes you think you can take me on?" The arrogance was covering the fear that was crawling up inside Rupert.

"Bronwille Reid." Adam stood still, giving Rupert a few seconds to let it sink it.

"What of her? Did you find that slut?" Inwardly, Rupert's mind was working overtime. He knew the man in front of him was a were, by the looks of it also a pretty powerful one. They were about the same height but that's were any similarities ended.

"You're going to regret calling her that. Better yet, you'll regret ever meeting her. It's enough to say I know; I know all what you lot did to her. All that ends tonight. Derrick and Chasey's life is forfeit as we speak."

"Lies. Derrick still lives!"

"Hmm maybe for the moment. But he's locked up with one angry wolf, one who right now only wants blood to sate his inner rage. I'm sure they'll get up close and personal. Just like we are. So cut the bull shit and see how long you can stay alive."

Rupert almost crapped his pants because those words were barely spoken as Adam rushed in and slashed his upper arms. Stunned by the sudden attack he needed a few seconds to get his bearings. In those few precious seconds, it dawned on him how it all connected. This bulky wolf was the slut's mate and she must have told him what had happened to her.

Just knowing she was walking around, being happy just made him angry and jealous. Jealous because this piece of shit in front of him was tapping her. He still felt weak from his forced healing earlier but he willed his beast to the front. Having been taught a lesson by the first wolf, he knew now not to underestimate them. The cuts stung only a little bit but it made him aware he needed to pay attention.

His eyes never left the other one. Anticipating another fast attack, he stalked the cell from one side to the other. Annoyance grew as he saw the other one just playing with the big knife; tossing it in the air time after time, each time catching it by the handle without even looking at it.

Rupert had enough of the waiting game and with inhumane speed, attacked only to find himself flying through the air and landing with a loud thud on the cell door behind his target. With a loud grunt he tried to stand, doubling over from the pain in his gut. Looking down, all he saw was blood seeping through his already torn clothes. His crimson eyes searched for the other one. The anger rose as he found him leaning against the wall where he stood before he attacked.

"Don't be a cry baby now. Be a man. Don't be a pussy that has to drug women to get laid, or rather rape them. A real man woos his woman, he doesn't kidnap her."

Rupert felt his anger boil over at the taunting words of the other man. Biting back his discomfort, he went after him again. His talons at full length, he aimed for the broad chest, not caring where he'd cut him. He just craved his blood, he wanted to bath in it! He knew he went through something but his moment didn't last long as he felt a blade piercing his side. Grunting hard, he tried to disentangle them but he was trapped by the twisting blade and a large hand grabbing a handful of his hair and yanking his head backwards.

"You really are a pitiful excuse of a vampire you know. Maybe I should just cut you up bit by bit. See how long that will take me. See if I can make it last as long as you abused Bronwille. What do you have to say about that? I kinda like that idea."

Adam bristled with anger at the underperformance of Rupert. He wanted a fight. Now it felt like he was gutting him just for the sake of gutting him. He wanted Rupert to hurt, he wanted to bleed him out slowly, he wanted to hear him beg for his sorry life. So many things he wanted but wasn't getting.

He yanked Rupert's head backwards and growled. He felt his wolf rushing to the fore front and wanting his own piece of the little shit but he held his wolf in check. He wasn't done yet. Slowly he removed the KA-BAR and stabbed him in the groin. Pulling back he lunged again, going for the artery in Rupert's thigh. It looked like Adam was losing his senses but he knew very well what he was doing. One by one he stabbed and twisted his knife in each of his body's major blood vessels, making sure that Rupert would bleed out.

He was aware this wouldn't kill Rupert, it would just make him very very weak. Simply killing him wouldn't ease his need for revenge, he wanted him to realize that his time was up. Rupert struggled to keep standing but Adam shoved him away and he fell to the ground.

"I could shift and rip your limbs off one by one. Don't think I'll bother. I'm puzzled though. How did you lot get into such a position while you can't even fight to save your own sorry ass? Derrick wasn't a good vampire daddy? Here I am wanting revenge, get my own pay back for what you did to Bronwille. I'm rather disillusioned by you, mister hot shot."

Adam stood up and took the second knife.

"This is going to hurt."

Adam gave up part of his sanity and let the wolf take over for the majority without shifting. A shift would simply end the vampires life and he wanted him to suffer. Both KA-BAR's in hand he started making cuts next to the places he stabbed.

Rupert started screaming but he ignored the pleas, he even stabbed Rupert through the hand with which he tried to avoid more cuts. The cuts started to be deeper and the slashed became more viscous.

Suddenly Adam stepped back and shook his head.

This isn't right! I want revenge but I'm not a torturer!</i> His wolf disagreed, he made it clear he wanted to do more, he wanted to rip and tear the flesh of the vampires bones. He wanted to rip out his heart and devour it. No! if we do all that we won't be any better than they were, then he was. He can't heal himself anymore, all that is left is death. You can have the kill but that's it. I've got my revenge.</i> Adam had great difficulty convincing his wolf to see things his way.

He understood his need but he knew he couldn't let his wolf do that. It would eat him up alive knowing what he did. His time in Vietnam bubbled up too. He had lost control there, his need for blood overpowering his senses. Not one of the Vietnam soldiers survived his rage. He reasoned with the wolf again. It was enough. They had changed too. Adam tried to explain that if they went ahead they wouldn't be any better than the one killed and they had to try and be above that. They had to so their mate would be proud of them.

Hearing their mate mentioned, it finally got through to the wolf and at long last he backed down.

Adam looked down. Rupert lay in a big puddle of his own blood, the crimson in his eyes long gone, his skin as pale as it could get. Adam kneeled beside him and bent down. Softly he whispered into his ear, "Know that I'll make her the happiest woman alive and she'll be all mine. Everything you did to her will be just a disappearing shadow, I'll make sure she knows she doesn't have to worry anymore. You'll be taken care of."

In a fast move he pierced the vampires heart with both knives, twisting and turning them, wanting that last moment to be as painful as he could make it. He made sure the heart was completely severed before standing up and closing his eyes.

It was over.

He had gotten his revenge.

He managed to keep a hold on his sanity.

He didn't even shift.

His wolf felt left out and nudged his human and whimpered. He understood now but also wanted to execute part of the vengeance for their mate.

Adam had a mental argument with his wolf but in the end gave in. He wanted to undress but the mental agreement  had his wolf too eager to wait and he pushed himself to the front and made his human rip his clothes.

He stood over the dead body of Rupert, snarling and yapping, getting rid of any anger he had left in his muscled body. He sniffed the corpse and almost bolted when the rich odor of the vamps urine assaulted his nostrils. Coward!</i>

Moving back up he did the one thing he longed to do. With a growl he went for the vampires throat and shook his head from left to right until he heard an audible crunching and a loud snap. With a twist of his head he severed the head from the body. He knew his human had made sure the vampire was dead but he just needed to know it would stay that way.

He stepped, licked his chops and almost gagged at the taste of the lifeless blood. The wolf knew his human would take care of the foul taste and quickly he retreated, giving his human full control. All he wanted  now was to get back to his mate and make her his.

No comments:

Post a Comment